Furnace Cleaning in Omaha, Nebraska
Keeping warm in Omaha’s wintertime is a necessity, not a luxury. Your home needs an operational furnace in order to keep you and your family safe from the elements. As with most home systems and appliances, maintenance is required if you hope to keep your heating unit operating properly.
Furnace cleaning is an essential part of maintaining your furnace, but not everyone can clean a furnace without professional help. You don’t have to clean your furnace yourself in order to achieve the desired results. You can hire Caniglia Heating & Cooling for furnace cleaning service and a general furnace tune up.
Caniglia Heating and Cooling is your Omaha expert for residential heating service. Our professional HVAC technicians know what to look for when performing annual furnace cleaning or furnace maintenance so you don’t get surprised by a broken furnace.
Why Do Furnaces Need to Be Cleaned?
Your furnace collects dust, dirt, and debris like nothing else in your home. This can lead to several different types of problems for your family, your home, and your furnace. Dirt kills the efficiency of your furnace by blocking up the filter, blower, and blower motor – the three basic components of your furnace’s air moving system. This is going to waste fuel and make your heating costs skyrocket. Also, if you’re not keeping the furnace clean, harmful particles from that debris find their way into the air of your home and greatly decrease your indoor air quality. This can lead to health problems for you and your family.
More Reasons a Clean Furnace Is So Important
Some people don’t think that cleaning their furnace is that big of a deal. It will still work, right? Even if it’s dirty? Unfortunately, your furnace does need to be cleaned regularly for optimal performance. A dirty furnace is not only bad for your health, but it can cause a fire or cause your furnace to break down.
If you want to increase the life of your furnace, a good cleaning and tune-up are pivotal. Here are some more reasons why you should make cleaning your furnace a priority:
- Prevention of Repairs or Breakdown of Your Furnace: Having your furnace cleaned and inspected can allow a furnace inspector to identify any areas of weakness or problems with your furnace. This can prevent the additional costs of repairs down the line.
- Reduced Energy Costs: A clean and functional furnace can mean higher performance, which reduces energy bills. When your system’s efficiency is at its peak, you know that you are wasting less energy, which is also better for the environment.
- Keep Your Family Safe: An uncleaned or un-inspected furnace could be a danger to you and your family. A damaged furnace could leak carbon monoxide gas into your home, which is an extremely dangerous substance. Without regular inspections, how will you know if your furnace is a hazard? Poor air quality can also be bad for your family’s health. Your furnace could be operating at peak condition with a cleaning and inspection from Caniglia Heating & Cooling.
- Lengthens the Life of Your Furnace: In addition to reducing health problems and increasing energy efficiency, cleaning your furnace regularly can make it last longer. A furnace with regular maintenance can last for decades. One without maintenance could die unexpectedly, and repair costs could be greater than the cost of a new furnace.
How Often Should You Have Your Furnace Cleaned?
In general, it is recommended that you have your furnace inspected and cleaned by a professional each year. In addition to keeping the furnace clean, having it inspected annually will catch any small issues that can be easily repaired before they become major problems requiring extensive repair or even replacement of your furnace.
Your furnace’s filter, however, should be replaced at the beginning of every heating season and once per month during times your furnace is being regularly used. Check your filter by removing it and holding it to the light – if it looks clogged, replace it regardless of how long it has been used.
Furnace Cleaning vs. Duct Cleaning
Most American homes are heated by forced-air furnaces that utilize a duct system to disperse heat throughout the house. Duct cleaning includes accessing the ducts and inspecting for obstructions, pests, or mold. Then the technician will determine the best course for cleaning the duct. Duct cleaning generally needs to take place only once every several years. Furnace cleaning, or furnace maintenance, should happen yearly. It includes inspecting the unit, testing for Carbon Monoxide leaks, testing the thermostat, inspecting the electrical components, inspecting and cleaning the heat exchanger and combustion chamber, testing the gas pressure (if applicable), measuring for airflow, and cleaning the blower motor and testing it.
Signs You Need Furnace Cleaning and Maintenance
- The unit is switching on and off too often
- Your energy bills are higher than usual
- Your home has temperature inconsistencies between rooms
- The unit doesn’t respond to thermostat adjustment
- There is an excess of dust in your home
- The unit is operating more loudly than usual
- Your furnace flame is not blue
- You can’t remember the last time your unit was cleaned
Furnace and Duct-Cleaning Service You Can Count On in Omaha, Nebraska. Call Now!
Want to avoid major repairs on your furnace, mold growth, or health conditions caused by dirty air ducts? Your furnace and air ducts require cleaning, and we want to be your service provider for furnace repair, inspection, and maintenance. Your home’s heating system won’t clean and repair itself. Get help from professionals you can rely on.
A service technician at Caniglia Heating & Cooling is ready to help you get your furnace in perfect condition for keeping you warm this winter. We are passionate about customer service and satisfaction. Call us today to schedule furnace cleaning, inspection, or service. Dial 402-204-0813 or contact us today for the best quality furnace maintenance services in Omaha.